OpenBuilds Acro Laser Platform
At a glance
- Available in 500x500mm, 500x1000mm, 1000x1000mm, 1000x1500mm, 1500x1500mm
- NEMA17 Motor, belt Drive on X,Y, Axes, fixed Z Axis
- Available as Kit or fully assembled*
- Kits Starting at $495.00, Electronics packages starting at $395.00, Lasers starting at $795.00
- (Note: Some photos include optional extras)
- Kits include mechanical parts package, motors, and wiring kit including homing switches – electronics and laser extra
- Fully assembled and tested systems available
Click on the accordion menu below for more information
The Acro Laser platform is a compact, lightweight system designed specifically for laser engraving. It uses a standard OpenBuilds parts package with belt drive, NEMA 17 motors (not included), and a lightweight frame available in Silver or Black anodizing. The system is available in 5 sizes to meet any need.
The Y axis has 2 motors, the X axis has one motor. The Z axis is manually adjustable, there is no Z axis motor. A Z axis kit is available as an option for added versatility. The system is capable of attaching almost any available laser module.
Electronics package consists of 3 motors, all in one controller board, and power supply. All cables are included.
Laser can be any of the available 2.8, 4.2, or 7W packages. Laser Diodes can be attached to the ACRO system mounting plate. The ACRO Diode Mounting Plate hole pattern is designed to accommodate many available diodes. If the diode you choose has a different mounting pattern you can easily drill holes in the acrylic to mount.
Please note: There are lot of great choices when it comes to laser diodes so be sure to pick the right one for your application. Power choice is important as well as making sure your diode supports PWM.
Here are a couple laser diode manufactures that may help.
JTech (We sell the 2.8W and 3.8W versions of this unit)
DTR custom lasers
- 500×500, 500×1000, 1000×1000, 1000×1500, 1500×1500 frame sizes available.
- 4.5 nM resolution, best in class
- Z axis travel 70mm (manual adjustment)
- Available in Black or Silver
- Attachment plate includes mounting holes for several laser systems
- Fast assembly time
- Electronics (optional) Gradus M1 Pro board, 24V power supply, all cables
- Laser specifications based on manufacturer
- Black anodized extrusions
- Laser module
- Full electronics package available – includes stepper drivers, power supply, motion controller module, cables, mounting plate, all cable management, all mounting/assembly hardware
- Motorized Z axis
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Prices subject to fluctuation in US/CDN dollar conversion.
- Prices do not include taxes or shipping and handling.
- All pricing FOB Calgary, Alberta
- Acro 5050 – 500x500mm kit of mechanical parts $495.00 CDN
- Acro 5010 – 500x1000mm kit of mechanical parts $545.00 CDN
- Acro 1010 – 1000x1000mm kit of mechanical parts $595.00 CDN
- Acro 1015 – 1000x1500mm kit of mechanical parts $645.00 CDN
- Acro 1515 – 1500x1500mm kit of mechanical parts $675.00 CDN
Includes: kit of all mechanical components including motors and wiring kit, does not include electronics, power supply, laser module
- 1000x1000mm Fully Assembled and tested w/2.8W laser $2195.00 CDN
Includes: Fully assembled, tested, and Calibrated machine with 2.8W laser. Options available.