Hi! Welcome to 3D Tech Works!
1. Please take the time to READ through the website. The answers to 90% of your questions are here, including prices, specs, info on software, tutorials and explanations of how things work in the Blog, etc.
2. We are a local Calgary based business. We do not ship assembled machines because of difficulty in preventing damage and extra expense of crating and shipping. If you want a fully assembled and tested machine it must be physically picked up at my shop.
3. Please use the Contact Form rather than simply emailing us. It provides important info for me to assess your request.
4. We do not have a storefront or demo machines. We custom build to order and do not stock machines. We do have a complete parts inventory. We run a small business out of our home shop. Visits by appointment only.
5. While our site does work on a mobile device, we recommend using a full size computer or laptop to view the site for the best experience.
6. We are currently booked pretty solid building machines until at least the end of February. We are currently quoting 4-6 weeks delivery. Kits can still be delivered in a reasonable 2 week window.
COVID19 update – we are open and things are slowly starting to improve. At least they were, until this latest round. The $CAD has bounced back a bit, and shipping is starting to open up. Shipping times are still slow, so expect delays on most orders. Some Pricing on the site has been updated, but please contact us for a quote. Note also that supply is somewhat slow due to shipping and movement constraints, and some products are still unavailable or sell out quickly when they do come back into stock. This will affect your delivery dates.
We supply custom built CNC machinery specifically designed for the beginner to advanced hobbyist.
We build our benchtop CNC routers with state of the art components and modular construction techniques to keep costs down and quality up.
All our benchtop machines are based on OpenBuilds open source hardware, but we have both OpenBuilds designs as well as our own designs. We do not sell machines larger than 1000x1000mm. If you want a larger industrial machine, be prepared for sticker shock. We can refer you to several companies that can help you out.
We currently supply several different models of Benchtop CNC builds, in different sizes and price ranges for any budget. Note that these are Hobby grade machines and are not designed for full time industrial or commercial use.
We can ship kits anywhere in Canada, but we do not export outside of Canada. Machines available in kit form are clearly marked on the Products page. If you want a machine assembled and tested you will have to pick it up at my shop.
We can also offer assistance with custom designs, and can build just about anything you can dream up.
Our designs are not limited to CNC milling. All of the machines can be equipped with Vinyl Cutting heads, Laser Heads, etc. If it’s 3D, we can build it!
NEW! We have recently added the ability to pay by Credit Card or your Paypal account to our website. We can send you a link via email, or you can click on the Online Payment menu item to be redirected to the payment page. Please read all instructions before trying this method.
We are an Official OpenBuilds Dealer!!!
-Ben Parry (Fishing Lake, SK)